OUR BEING OUTDOORS MISSION
BUILD INCLUSIVE COMMUNITIES THAT SUPPORT PERSONAL GROWTH,
DEVELOPING A CONNECTION IN NATURE AND
OFFERING OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUTDOOR EXPERIENCES
As a Community Interest Company our aims always have our local community at the heart of what we do:
- use the outdoors and nature to provide experiences to engage and benefit local nurseries, primary and secondary schools, adult and child support groups, eg SEND, through its delivery of Forest School, Outdoor Learning and Curriculum Enrichment programmes.
- use the combination of learning in nature and being in nature to engage children, young people and adults and develop participant’s self-esteem, nurture social and emotional health and intrinsic motivation for community cohesiveness.
- use the outdoors and nature to improve the health and wellbeing of the community
- run sessions to connect children, young people and adults with their local outdoors spaces to improve accessibility of Therapeutic Forest School in green spaces within the community.
We are really proud of our skilled and compassionate team of Forest School leaders, Teachers, Therapeutic Outdoor Leaders, Outdoor Learning Assistants and Learning Mentors. We use our breadth of experience and understanding of children’s wellbeing to deliver programmes which holistically support each child where they are at for positive personal development. This is at the heart of what we do.
BEING Outdoors CIC @ SCHOOLS
BEING Outdoors CIC specialises in providing schools Forest Schools programmes to support the wellbeing, personal development and outdoor learning for children and young people in our community.
We can provide our services –
- at our base-camp in Shield Tree Wood or;
- we can deliver our programme in your own outdoor learning space