We work directly with secondary schools to tailor sessions for pupils that support their individual needs and learning outcomes. We give our learners time and space to build skills needed for their longterm wellbeing. The therapeutic aspects of the woodland can support learners with areas such as goal setting, planning, teamwork, co-operation to achieve goals, problem-solving, raising self-esteem, building confidence and nurturing a reflective approach. These life-skills are at the core of what we do so that learners can continue their academic studies, and approach future employment and adult life with confidence.
OUR BEING OUTDOORS MISSION
- Facilitate learner-led opportunities & projects – supporting intrinsic motivation for long-term positive growth
- Nurture growth of the whole child
- Support better mental and physical health and well-being
- Develop transferrable life skills
- Encourage stewards for our planet
Examples of support we can offer
- Therapeutic Forest School – supporting children and young people in our therapeutic woodland basecamp at Shield Tree Wood or at your own outdoor space to develop social, emotional and / or physical wellbeing.
- Nurture sessions – supporting learners with additional needs to
connect with nature and each other to grow wellbeing.
- Primary to Secondary Transition – using the outdoors to build confidence, develop resilience and encourage resourcefulness and creativity.
- Support your outdoor learning / environmental programmes – use our basecamp and woodland workshop at Shield Tree wood to such enhance programmes such as the John Muir Award.
- Shelter building
- Fire management
- Campfire cooking
- Developing greenwood woodland crafts e.g. table, stool, bench using tools
- Problem solving team challenges
- Understanding our ecosystems
- Woodland conservation and sustainability
Where we can provide Forest School sessions
- At our base-camp in Shield Tree Wood or;
- At your own outdoor learning space in school
For further details of our Forest School provision in schools you can download our BEING Outdoors Forest School & Wellbeing Outdoors Teacher Pack or contact us directly to discuss options including our competitively priced packages.
Back to Forest School