** WELLBEING Outdoors SESSIONS AT BASECAMP IN SHIELD TREE WOOD ARE CURRENTLY ON HOLD **
** WHEN WE FEEL COMFORTABLE TO HOST AND GUIDANCE SUPPORTS THIS WE WILL UPDATE YOU ON SOCIAL MEDIA **
** THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE **
We introduced WELLBEING Outdoors to our BEING Outdoors services at Shield Tree Wood in 2019. These sessions are aimed at supporting young people and adults.
Shield Tree Wood is a naturally therapeutic setting and we feel this is ideal for giving children, young people and adults the time and space often needed to recharge and just BE.
Our qualified Therapeutic Skills for Outdoor Leaders Practitioner & Forest School Leader Rachel will take you through some mindful nature experiences and introduce some woodland skills and crafts. The sessions will follow the Forest School ethos where you can choose your experience, get involved and grow your skills at your own pace. We also value the importance of connecting with each other and so we will ensure our pace is gentle so that you get a chance to have a bit of a chat around the campfire!
Sessions can include:
- relaxation techniques for grounding and reconnection with nature
- developing woodland skills e.g. tool use, campfire lighting and cooking
- woodland crafts e.g. makrame, nature art, toy making
- making your own campfire snacks and drinks around our campfire
- relaxing in our hammocks
- making new friends and reconnecting with each other around our campfire circle.
We offer Adult WELLBEING Outdoors sessions and sessions for Young People.
For further details go to ‘Contact Us‘ where you can ask any questions or click below to find out future session dates and book a place online.